The Kentucky Career Center provides a suite of career readiness courses available at no cost to every adult in Kentucky. The
Work Ready Courseware and Credential, provided by WIN Learning, teaches foundational academic skills that are key to success in the workplace. WIN uses real-world situations you could face at work to build relevant job skills. By 2023, 90 percent of all jobs will require some postsecondary education. WIN can give you the boost you need to update your skills and stay competitive in the job market. This training is provided at no cost to you and is online so once you have received your access information email you can utilize all online features of WIN 24 hours a day.
The career readiness resources available thru the WIN Career Readiness System include:
Kentucky Essential Skills Courseware and the Kentucky Essential Skills Certificate (KESC) which centers on attitudes and behaviors inside the workplace via critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and teamwork scenarios. For more information please go to:
- Communicating Effectively
- Conveying Professionalism
- Promoting Teamwork and Collaboration
- Thinking Critically and Solving Problems
2. Digital Literacy Courseware and the Digital Literacy Credential focus on building technology skills needed for success across all careers.
- Computer Basics
- Internet Basics
- Digital Communication Basics
- Digital Documents Basics
- Digital Security Basics
3. The Work Ready Courseware and Credential, provided by WIN Learning, teaches foundational academic skills that are key to success in the workplace.
- Work Ready Math
- Work Ready Reading
- Work Ready Data
4. Supplemental Skills Courseware teaches workplace observation, applied technology, and business writing, making it a great fit for manufacturing career pathways.
- Business Writing
- Applied Technology
- Workplace Observation
5. College Readiness Courseware helps students prepare for college placement exams.
Downloadable WIN Career Readiness Posters:
For further information, contact the Kentucky Career Center at KYWIN@ky.gov . To request WIN access for your facility or an individual, fill out the enrollment form below. Typically, you should get your access information through email within one business day.
Please provide the following information for access and to learn more about WIN or Career Readiness Skills: